Saturday, October 14, 2006

The Color of Friendship

(based off of the Disney Channel movie "The Color of Friendship")

She said to her one day
“Mom there is a black girl at school
Who doesn’t quite fit in
She always looks so lonely
Mommy what can I do?
How do I bring a smile upon her face?

She said “Open your mind
Open your heart
Open you arms and let that girl in
Try and show her some love
Open your soul
Open your eyes and see how she’s been passed by
God made her like He made you
Though she looks a different way
But if you open up, you may find in her
The color of friendship

She asked “Mom what if she rejects me?
Rather wanting to be alone
What if she says “Leave me!”
Tell me what do I do then?
Should I just walk away?
Or keep trying to bring a smile upon her face?

(Chorus)

Coming in from school next day
The girl brought home a friend
She said “Mom meet Emily!
The black girl I told you about
I asked her to be my friend
Which brought a shining smile upon her face!

‘Cause I opened my mind
Opened my heart
Opened my arms and let this girl in
I showed her some love
Opened my soul
Opened my eyes and saw how she’s been passed by
God made her like He made me
Though she looks a different way
And I opened up, just to find in her
The color of friendship

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home