As Much as I Do
Do you remember the day you left?
Suitcase in hand, a big grin on your face
I waved until your train disappeared
Sending my love, with a smile on my face
You had asked if it would be okay
If you went to chase your life-long dreams
Would I be okay on my own for awhile?
I said, “Sure, baby, sure I’ll be okay
You can bet that I’ll dream of you each day
And wait expectantly for your return
Don’t forget me, please, come back safe to me
But I’ll be okay.”Well, baby, hurry back
‘Cause, I didn’t know I’d miss you
As much as I doI said I’d live from letter to letter
‘Till you came back with your accomplished dreams
Could hardly wait to hear your stories
And celebrate your return and your joy
You had asked if it would be okay
If you went to chase your life-long dreams
Would I be okay on my own for awhile?
(Chorus 2x)
Then you called this morning on the phone
Just to say you were on your way back home
You said you couldn’t wait to see me
And to let me in on all you had done
You asked if it had been okay
That you went to chase your life-long dreams
Had I been okay on my own all this while?
I said, “Sure, baby, sure, I’ve been okay
You can bet that I dreamed about you each day
And waited expectantly for your return
Oh, baby, thanks so much for calling me
I’ve been okay
But, baby hurry back
‘Cause I didn’t know I’d miss you
As much as I do
Suitcase in hand, a big grin on your face
I waved until your train disappeared
Sending my love, with a smile on my face
You had asked if it would be okay
If you went to chase your life-long dreams
Would I be okay on my own for awhile?
I said, “Sure, baby, sure I’ll be okay
You can bet that I’ll dream of you each day
And wait expectantly for your return
Don’t forget me, please, come back safe to me
But I’ll be okay.”Well, baby, hurry back
‘Cause, I didn’t know I’d miss you
As much as I doI said I’d live from letter to letter
‘Till you came back with your accomplished dreams
Could hardly wait to hear your stories
And celebrate your return and your joy
You had asked if it would be okay
If you went to chase your life-long dreams
Would I be okay on my own for awhile?
(Chorus 2x)
Then you called this morning on the phone
Just to say you were on your way back home
You said you couldn’t wait to see me
And to let me in on all you had done
You asked if it had been okay
That you went to chase your life-long dreams
Had I been okay on my own all this while?
I said, “Sure, baby, sure, I’ve been okay
You can bet that I dreamed about you each day
And waited expectantly for your return
Oh, baby, thanks so much for calling me
I’ve been okay
But, baby hurry back
‘Cause I didn’t know I’d miss you
As much as I do


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home